(updated 27th August 2019)
This sets out how Whitley Elm Cottages uses and protects personal information that you give us when making a booking / enquiry online, by email, over the phone or in person.
Who collects the information?
The information is being collected by Whitley Elm Cottages and the person responsible for handling data is Katherine Russell, who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Whitley Elm Cottages, Case Lane, Mousley End, Warwickshire, CV35 7JE. Alternatively, by phone: 01926 484577 / 07929 264386.
Information we collect about you
Making a booking
When you make a booking, through our website, by email, on the phone or in person we will ask you to provide personal information about yourself. This could be your name, address and other contact details. The information and the information about your booking(s) is used to arrange your holiday accommodation. We will only collect the minimum information required for the purposes of being able to contact you and make an accurate record of the booking and process any payments relating to it.
Filling out forms
We may collect information you provide when you fill out forms on our website or via email, such as our contact form or booking form, when you manually fill out our booking form or request a brochure / written information.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence.
Information about you may also be received from third parties such as online travel agents or booking engines. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed, at that point and by those third parties, that it will be shared with Whitley Elm Cottages.
Use and storage of your information
- When you contact us or make a booking, your data is only used for the corresponding purposes.
- Some data will be used for internal record keeping (e.g. for the accounts that we are legally obliged to maintain), and to help us assess how to improve the services that we offer.
- Your booking information is held securely on our third party, GDPR compliant booking systems. The owners of the booking systems have security in place to ensure data is kept safe at all times. Your booking information is also held on our own computer systems and manual records are held.
- Limited information about your booking will be shared with our housekeepers, involved in a booking, where necessary.
- We will not contact you for marketing purposes.
- We will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes or any other purpose. Personal information will only be given to a third party when we are legally obliged to do so.
The security of your information
When details such as your name and email address are submitted via a contact form or email, this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect you personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
We provide an online service that allows you to pay for your booking using your credit card details or debit card details. We do not store or process credit card details or debit card details on any of our systems; instead we use First Data, which is a secure online payment gateway to process credit card payments and debit card payment on our behalf. Other payments are made to us by bank transfer and as such no bank details are held by us. In the event of a refund, payment details are provided to us at your own risk and held on our systems for as long as required to meet our legal obligations with maintaining accounting records.
Data RetentionData will only be stored for as long as is needed to meet our legal obligations e.g. for the accounts records that we are legally obliged to maintain. Unnecessary data will be erased.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you.
- You have the right to change any incorrect information we hold about you.
Should you wish to request this, please do so in writing to email@example.com
If we hold records of your personal data and we become aware of a data breach, we will endeavour to inform you of this within 72 hours.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites. You should note that we do not have any control over those websites, and so cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting them.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that our website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Acceptance of these terms